Cairns Marine provides marine specimens for display to retail outlets across Australia; and to wholesalers and public aquaria around the world.
Cairns Marine provides marine specimens for display to enhance people’s understanding and appreciation of the marine environment.
Cairns Marine conducts its business in accordance with the following values:
- resource stewardship
- good corporate citizenry
- facilitation of education and awareness
- maintain a minimal environmental footprint
- assist research to advance knowledge
- assist industry to achieve high operational standards
- assist government to achieve sound resource management
- seek to continuously improve performance
- promote community and market confidence in the Australian industry
Cairns Marine maintains a close working relationship with fisheries and protected areas management from the Queensland and Australian governments, including the Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and the Australian Fisheries Management Authority.
These relationships ensure that opportunities and threats are addressed in a fashion that is in the best interest of maintaining a vibrant industry that employs world’s best practice.